ANZ's Farms



Monday, January 5, 2015

"I Can Do That!"

Those words are both dangerous and exciting. I remember the first time I said them to myself ... when Scott and I bought our first foreclosed home to flip. When I saw what our real estate agent did (or more accurately, didn't do), I knew I could do that. I could be a real estate agent, too. So in 2004, I took the courses, passed the exam, registered my company with the real estate commission and began a new career.

I found myself saying "I can do that!" again this weekend. I discovered the Casserole Queens, two friends who started a business delivering casseroles to homes and families as a way to promote old-fashioned values.
www.casserolequeens.com
The queens even dress up in 1950's outfits -- pearl necklaces, dresses with fitted bodices and flouncy skirts, aprons tied at their narrow waists -- when making their deliveries. Not only are casserole comfort food for the modern generation, they are a focal point around which families can gather at the table for conversation and time together.

Many meals have been brought to our home during my illness. They were a huge blessing and the hands that prepared them were ministering angels! Now that I am feeling better, I want to be on the giving end, rather than the receiving end, of the casserole delivery service. I don't know if the LORD would have me do this as a money-making endeavor; I will be praying about that. It seems a good twist on the farm-to-table movement. Most of my ingredients would have the benefit of being farm fresh and organically grown. But in the meantime, I plan to be a casserole angel to those God brings in my path, starting with an acquaintance who just had her fourth child by C-section. I am sure she could use help with a meal or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment