ANZ's Farms



Saturday, December 5, 2009

Elderberry Mead

One of the benefits of being a member of Triangle Area Homesteaders is learning "old fashioned", do-it-yourself ways from other members. I was one of the lucky 15 people who signed up first for the Home Brewing 101: Mead class taught by a third-generation home brewer, Chris. He demonstrated step-by-step how easy it is to make mead (ale using honey as the sugar) and brought samples of an elderberry mead and elderberry wine that he had brewed previously. Seeing the gallon glass jug took me back about 40 years into the cellar at my grandfather's house. Now I know what he had stored in all those jugs! I came away feeling like I could do it myself ... with some practice, of course. For more info and recipes, visit Chris' web site at http://tearsoffire.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment